& so it begins, the post-college life. I’ve been a college graduate for about a month and in just a short period, I’m feeling my ‘glo up’ taking flight.
- At the beginning of 2017, Terrell and I shared our 2017 goals on both our websites. Visit an updated goals sheet, HERE.
- The boyfriend and I traveled to the Bahamas, Dominican Republic, and Turks and Caicos mid May. We passed by entire cities with no electricity (yes, even no wifi), homes still using outhouses, and folks living on $200 a year while still living a joyful/happy life. This experience humbled me and I even had some time to reflect on a few events while ziplining across Puerto Plata. I want relive this entire experience….& swim in the Atlantic Ocean!
- I’ve had this domain name for almost 4 years now and I haven’t yet taken it to the next level. I’ve been doing a lot of research on building a brand and social media and slowly beginning to see changes this year.
- I rejoined Instagram (see prior post for more) and am working on building up a following on this platform and also Facebook.
- I’m crafting again! It may seem weird to place this bullet under branding, but hear me out. Crafting is what I do, I am a creative both online and offline. I’m finding that branding pushes me follow the things I love and finish projects I usually wouldn’t complete.
- I am also getting into website consulting and have begun working with a company to revamp their website based on user research and heuristics.
That’s it for now! One month post grad and I’m feeling the ‘glo’. I did experience post graduation “confusion.” I was lost and didn’t know what was next for me other than my adult job starting in October. I found my way back by conversation. In short, Proverbs 3:5-6.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Any college graduates reading this? How’s life post college going? Any fun plans this summer?
IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY, FOLLOW ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA!
Join the family!
Every other Wednesday I send thoughtful DIY insights to my community through Weekly Letters. If you’re not already on the list, you can sign up below to receive the next letter straight to your inbox.